The Pipeline and Hazardous Material Safety Administration (PHMSA) is the agency within the Department of Transportation (DOT) that regulates operators and their supporting contractors in the natural gas and hazardous liquid pipeline industry.
PHMSA’s Drug and Alcohol Testing Regulation, 49 CFR Part 1991, requires each operator as well as their supporting contractors to develop, maintain, and follow an Anti-Drug Plan and an Alcohol Misuse Prevention Plan.
We also follow all federal guidelines regarding the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) for our CDL drivers.
Our Anti-Drug Plan and Alcohol Misuse Prevention Plan are designed to ensure that employees that perform safety-sensitive work are in full compliance with the applicable provisions of the DOT regulations.
We ensure that each employee who performs DOT-covered functions is drug and alcohol tested in accordance with federal regulations as follows:
- New Hire Pre-employment Drug Testing Only (Not subject to alcohol testing)
- Post-accident Drug and Alcohol Testing
- Random Drug and Alcohol Testing
- Reasonable Drug and Alcohol Suspicion Testing
- Return-to-Duty Drug and Alcohol Testing
- Follow-Up Drug and Alcohol Testing